Frequently asked questions
- What is the Living Knowledge Network?
- How can I watch your events?
- Where can I visit the Breaking the News exhibition?
- How can I find out about upcoming live events?
- Are previous events available to watch online?
- Can I ask questions during your events?
- What is the feedback form? What is it used for?
- Do your videos have subtitles?
- How can I support your work?
- Are there any other British Library events?
What is the Living Knowledge Network?
The Living Knowledge Network is a partnership between public and national libraries in the UK, created by the British Library. Together we celebrate libraries and create memorable experiences. On this website you can watch our specially-curated live events, so you can get a front-row seat for free no matter where you live. You can also explore content created by Living Knowledge Network libraries.
You can find out more about the network at www.bl.uk/living-knowledge-network
How can I watch your events?
Our live screening events are returning in-person to our partner libraries as well as continuing online. Check our partner libraries' websites and social media for more information on attending upcoming live screening events in person.
You can view all our events on living-knowledge-network.co.uk for free. There is no need to register, at the time of the event simply come to this website and enjoy.
To stream a video we would recommend an internet connection of at least 1mbps.
Where can I visit the Breaking the News exhibition?
The Breaking the News exhibition is taking place in our partner libraries across the UK. See below for information on our partners and exhibition locations.
- Aberdeen – Aberdeen Central Library (24th February – 21st August)
BCP (Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole)
- Christchurch Library (25th February – 20th May)
- Bournemouth Library (Beginning of June – 21st August)
- Birmingham – Library of Birmingham
- Bristol Central Library (25th February – 30th April)
- Junction 3 Library, Easton (May)
- Filwood Library (June)
- Fishponds Library (July)
- Bristol Central Library (August)
- Cambridge Central Library (24th February – 8th April)
- St Neots Library (Dates TBC)
- Ely Library (Dates TBC)
- Coventry – Coventry Central Library
- Devon (Libraries Unlimited) – Exeter Central Library
- Edinburgh – Edinburgh Central Library
- Glasgow (Glasgow Life) – The Mitchell Library
- Hampshire – Winchester Discovery Centre
- Hull (Hull Culture and Leisure) – Hull Central Library
- Jersey – Jersey Library
- Kent History and Library Centre, Maidstone (24th February – 2nd April)
- Whitstable Library (9th April – 30th April)
- Canterbury Library, The Beaney (7th May – 4th June)
- Folkestone Library (Dates TBC)
- Kirklees – Huddersfield Library
- Lancashire – Preston Harris Library
- Leeds – Leeds Central Library (25th February – 7th April)
- Libraries Northern Ireland – Belfast Central Library
- Liverpool – Liverpool Central Library (May – August)
- London – The British Library (22nd April – 21st August)
- Manchester – Manchester Central Library (24th February – 21st August)
- Middlesbrough – Middlesbrough Central Library
- Newcastle – Newcastle City Library
- Norfolk – Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library
- Worksop Library (24th February – 19th April)
- Nottinghamshire Archives, Nottingham (17th May – 31st May)
- Mansfield Central Library (8th June – 6th July)
- Beeston Library (9th July – 25th August)
- Portsmouth – Portsmouth Central Library
- Reading – Reading Central Library
- Sheffield – Sheffield Central Library
- Ipswich Library (25th February – 20th May)
- Lowestoft Library (6th June – 21st August)
- Dorking Library – (24th February – 23rd March)
- Walton Library – (29th March – 23rd April)
- Staines Library – (28th April – 24th May)
- Epsom Library – (28th May – 23rd June)
- Guildford Library – (29th June – 26th July)
- Camberley Library – (30th July – 26th August)
- Wakefield – Wakefield Library
- Rugby Library (24th February – 8th April)
- Kenilworth Library (11th April –)
- The Hive, Worcester – (12th February – 26th February)
- Bromsgrove Library – (14th March – 25th March)
- Kidderminster Library – (28th March – 9th April)
- Malvern Library – (12th April – 23rd April)
- Redditch Library – (26th April – 7th May)
How can I find out about upcoming live events?
You can find our calendar of upcoming events on our homepage using the ‘Filter Events’ option and choosing ‘Upcoming’
If you want to be the first to know about our upcoming events you can also follow us on Twitter at @LKN_Libraries
Are previous events available to watch online?
Yes. You can find our previous live-streamed events on our homepage using the ‘Filter Events’ option and choosing ‘On-demand’. Not all of our upcoming live events will be immediately available in the archive, so be sure to tune in so you don’t miss out.
Parental discretion is advised when using the website as there is a range of content viewable. You can find content warnings in the description of the videos as a guide.
Can I ask questions during your events?
You can submit your questions by using the 'Ask a Question' form under the event you are watching. You can also join in the conversation and ask a question on Twitter by tagging us at @LKN_Libraries
What is the feedback form? What is it used for?
It is important to us that the events we create are what you would like to see. You can give us feedback through the 'Leave Feedback' button next to each video description. Any information and comments you give us helps us to continue to improve our programme and your experience. All feedback is anonymous.
Do your videos have subtitles?
We endeavour to provide live captioning for our live events online. You can turn these on with the ‘CC’ button in the player window. Subtitles are available on all our videos. If you think subtitles are missing from any of our videos, or would like to discuss any other access needs, please email email@example.com.
How can I support your work?
Are there any other British Library events?
Yes. Please visit the British Library What's On page to see the full list of current British Library events available.